Friday, July 22, 2011

You're Fucking Out! I'm Fucking In!

So, it has been a multitude of months since Rockwell Knuckles released 'You're Fucking Out! I'm Fucking In!' and further more a good way to digest art. Realistically, As a person who consumes a lot of art, I should do a much better job of actually taking time to see how well does the art pair with life a few months after it is released, instead of just going off of instant excitement and other things of that nature.

I've seen Rocky live a few times, he is one person that if you hear that he is performing in a city near you, you need to see him. Rocky is honestly worth $20 just all by himself. Rocky's stage presence is amazing to say the absolute least. When you listen to 'Silly Human' you will not be disappointed, when his stage presence matches that intensity. Now, back to YFOIFI....

I took me a while to write the review for YFOIFI mostly because its been hard to categorize this album precisely and i'm pretty sure that is exactly how Rocky wanted this project to come across. The album starts out loud with a clear message on Bullet Train Army...he IS the Conductor simply, off of structure, and who am i to argue, the man commanded my attention.

I've been listening to Rocky for about 4 years solidly, I'm happy to see that his projects are becoming way more concise and the development of the Rocky Knuckles brand is picking up steam and garnering much well deserved praise and attention. I mean, this is a guy to where when he yells in to a Mic, you are going to give him your full on attention.

This is an album i have listened to 18 times in its full entirety, I can easily say, this is one of the better albums of this year. i give it a solid 4.38/5 and that is a very damn good score. Realistically that is the same score Common's Finding Forever receives. The biggest difference here in all of this is, Rocky has no major name production, or mixing or studio engineers, and the fact that he has not found a staple home to help feed him, not just yet.

You're Fucking Out! I'm Fucking In! is a great piece of sonic art. it always seems to find me at the right time. Pure Stand Outs: Bullet Train Army, Silly Human, Baking Soda feat Tef Poe, Controlled & my personal favorite Every Angle...This Album hits on all strides and picks right up where 'Choose Your Own Adventure' left off...

As always, if you do not have this project yet. please download this project and let Rocky know what you think of the project. Cheers & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment